Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family Bike Ride

I'm still feeling so completely overwhelmed by all of the catch up posts that I'm just continuing to ignore them for now. But they'll come eventually, I promise.... I know, I know, now you can sleep tonight.
You're welcome.



We went on our first family bike ride yesterday. Leah got her bike for Christmas, and has ridden it all of ZERO times since then. Up until yesterday, it was just hanging from a hook in the garage, and she was content to ride around on her tricycle.


She looked a little goofy with her knees hitting the handlebars, but she got really good at peddling. Then yesterday out of the blue she asked me to take her bike down so she could ride it.


And she did great- she can peddle, steer, and even brake like a pro. So we ventured out as a family for a no-expectations bike ride, and had a great time riding around the neighborhood.

Leah only fell into the grass once, we rewarded the kids with popsicles and we high-fived ourselves for not dying of a heart attack every time another car went zooming past our sweet little tiny on her big-girl bike!

1 comment:

Julia and Aaron said...

She was telling me about this yesterday! I didn't quite understand because she said she got a new bike for Christmas and I was thinking was it a Christmas-in-July-type present. Haha. Now, I know the whole story.

What a good bike rider she is and wouldn't it be nice if we had sidewalks?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...