Mr. Man turned one! We had a tiny little birthday party for him before we left for Utah. Grandma Morales and Auntie Emily were here to celebrate with us, along with Adam's good friend Michael from next door.
But no matter how small the party, it had to be done right- with invitations,
and a cake, which Adam was clearly unimpressed with.

My little voracious eater wouldn't even touch it. After I smashed his hand down into the frosting, he gave me a withering glare and then courteously ate a crumb or two.... with a fork.
We had another party in Utah that was also filled with cake (similarly received),

well-received presents,

and lots and lots of smiles.

I am probably feeling especially sentimental about Adam's birthday today (a full month after the party) because we are in the process of weaning right now. I'm not sure if Adam has caught on to that yet, but it's time. For me, anyway.
He has been so patient with me over the last year- from our first days together crammed into our packed up apartment, to figuring out how to be a mom of two in a new state, to learning what the best boy toys are so he's not stuck playing with dolls and tiaras all the time.
And he is so patient with Leah every day as he calmly lets her rip toys out of his hands and she complains about how he "hit" her again.
And he loves Jason. Oh, does he love Jason. There is a special bond between the two of them that I love to see developing.
I never would have guessed that such a little guy could possibly have such a hold on our hearts, but our family is not complete without Adam.
We love you, Mr. Man! Happy, Happy Birthday!
4 comments:
I can't believe he's already one. I love that little boy!
He is so cute. He has grown up so much since we last saw him! Happy birthday Adam!
Holy cow, I can't believe he's one already!! That is insane!! Happy Birthday little Adam!
Ahhh, what a beautiful big boy he is! Happy (belated) birthday, Little Man!
Post a Comment