One tradition that my kids will miss out on Grandma's house this year is making gingerbread houses. So I bought a kit and declared yesterday afternoon that it was time to make the houses! Well, I should have read the instructions first, because it called for FOUR HOURS of drying time. Really, they should put that in bold letters on the outside of the box so I can take it into consideration before I even bring the kit home. My kids don't have an attention span of four minutes, so I got the first layer of frosting goop set up and set the project aside for the day.
I cheerily finished assembling the houses last night,
and today we finally got to decorate the houses. Leah was pretty into it- carefully applying the frosting and selecting which candies should adorn each and every inch of the tiny little house.
Adam just ate as much candy as he could before I caught on and dismissed him from the activity.
And in the end, we ended up with some very nice little houses.
Lesson learned: open the box and read the instructions before mentioning anything to anyone!
3 comments:
oh no.... did you buy that at walmart? I think we have the same kind-we just got them this week too. So what should i do????
oh- the picture of you with your grumpy face... which is adorable by the way... is hilarious since you are holding a knife. don't mess with mommy folks! haha. my kids always LOVE doing gingerbread houses too. your turned out darling!
lame! The lack of boldly written instructions, of course, not the house. (which is adorable, by the way)
Post a Comment