Everything I love about the children's museum was pretty well itemized here, but as a recap, I'll just say that taking my kids out to experience enriching activities (whether it be the museum, the forest, the library or just a walk through a field) makes me feel like such a better mother than the days when we are hanging around the house with nothing to do. I do love the days that we are hanging around the house with something fun to do, though.
So the museum was a hit. It amazes me that when we first moved here, a trip to the museum looked like this, and now it looks like this-
Some are silly things, like taking three little kids on a carousel by myself- I convinced Leah it was her lucky day because she found a penny, got the carousel horse of her choice, and got the last cheese stick.
And some are bigger things. Like refusing to lose my temper over something that would have set me off before or living thousands of miles away from the physical support of family or taking care of my own little family by myself when Jason is out of town.
I guess we're all growing up.



1 comment:
You're such a fun mom! I'm always amazed by all the cool and fun things you do with your kiddos.
You're right, though...we do grow into our motherhood. Just like I learned more and grew more in my studies as each semester passed, I really do grow into my role as a mother.
Post a Comment