Sunday, December 23, 2012

Where's My Baby?

First time in blue jeans...
Awesome bed head...

Super cheeser smile..

I held a very newborn baby today.  He had those cloudy gray baby eyes and kept smiling at me, clearly aware of heavenly secrets that he couldn't share with me.

My heart ached a tiny little bit when I held him.  Our family isn't complete yet (hopefully) and there is no denying the absolute wonderfulness that comes with holding a new baby in your arms.  Especially when you've done it before you and you know just how fleeting those sweet baby days are.

I think I would like to be due with a baby tomorrow- not the actual tomorrow, given that it's Christmas Eve, but the hypothetical tomorrow.  To be done with the many months of pregnancy and all the pain and wonder and worry that come with it.  To be so ready for that baby to be here that nothing- not even the fear of childbirth- can stop him or her from coming.

Leah told me yesterday (as she has a few times before) that she thinks we shouldn't have any more babies in our family.  That 3 is enough and any more would be So! Loud!  Then today she told me that she wants to name her next little brother Junior.  Or Alexander.  Given her persuasiveness with naming her little sister, I can't 100% claim that those names will not be considered, but I am 100% positive that they will never be used.  Sorry, Junior!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...