Monday, April 15, 2013

Observations from the lunch room


Mom, why don't you pack a dessert in my lunch?  Everyone else has a dessert in their lunch!

Mom, I've noticed some of the kids have this white and soft looking bread for lunch... can we get some of that some time?

Mom, do you remember those pastries we got on the Disney Cruise?  The round ones with the jelly in the middle?  I pictured something like this-



Yes!  The ones with the purple wrapper?  Those look sooooo good!

She meant this- 

Leah has really loved the transition to full day kindergarten.  Her class worked really hard on a weather play last week, and the kids and I got to go see it.  They all did such a great job- what a fun class full of cuties!

And yes, I took a video of her whole part, although I don't expect anyone but doting grandparents and her father to watch it.  She worked really hard to memorize her lines and did a great time when it was her turn. 

-I wrote this up before we left Indiana.  Kindergarten in Iowa has been about as I expected so far- Leah is thrilled to have three recesses every day, but clearly suffers from the lack of a "brain break" in the afternoon.  She seems to be doing just fine with the things they are learning here, but has a hard time with the fact that her teacher insists that she finish her school work in class.  She is delighted about the baby chicks that are hatching in her classroom but does not love the early wake up time required to get her to school by 7:55 (none of us do).  She is making new friends quickly and is having her first playdate this weekend.  All in all, she's doing great.  I've been very impressed with her cheerfulness and enthusiasm about the newness of the whole situation (today excepted).  Thankfully there are only 6 weeks left of school before the delightful and long-anticipated summer break is here.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I watched the video. Leah's so stinkin' adorable with her umbrella. She delivered her lines wonderfully, and could be an actress! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...