Of all of the upcoming holidays, I gave myself the most grace about Halloween this year. Not knowing when our little mister would arrive or how old he would be come Halloween night, my expectations remained very low in terms of celebrating this year. We never did make it to a pumpkin patch, nor did we purchase pumpkins to carve into jack-o-lanterns (a fact that no one even mentioned until the day after Halloween). Our annual Halloween cookie decorating party was so low key this year it barely even happened. And not once did we watch Spookly the Square Pumpkin or the Great Pumpkin. But we still had a fine time dressing up and singing our favorite Halloween songs and we all have been eating way too much candy. It was still a perfectly fun holiday.
a pirate named Jake-
a Minnie Mouse who refused to replace her princess crown with the tell-tale black ears-
and one adorably tiny lobster-
Jason took the kids out trick or treating-
Noah and I stayed home to pass out candy.
Growing up we always trick or treated at our own house to finish off the night. I love that our kids do the same thing.
And then it was on to the candy feast! The kids were most excited about the Cheetos and the fruit snacks, which left more chocolate for me!We also managed a few other Halloween festivities over the course of the month- cookie decorating with our sweet neighbors-
a craft or two-
and caramel apple dipping, thanks to Grandma!
And, as always, I'm looking forward to the peaceful gratitude and relative calm that comes with Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
The kids look so great in their Halloween costumes. We are very fond of Jake in our house:). Leah looks so grown up and Emma is just adorable with her princess crown sans ears. I love how much personality little ones can have. I know it's hard to believe but we took it easier this Halloween too--no real pumpkin patch and no Boo at the Zoo. My excuse is life just seems to get busier and busier... You have a way more valid excuse!:)
Post a Comment