Thursday, January 9, 2014

Conversations


Emma, on the injustices of breakfast- Adam get de syrup! I wanna get de syrup!

(I hand her the bottle.)

Is too heavy!!!
*****
Adam hates hates hates being alone ever anywhere ever.  So he often convinces Emma to go places with him.

A- Emma! Come to the basement with me! Come with me! 

E- No!

A- Come on! Come with me!

E- No! You be fine, Adam!  You be fine!
*****
A true compliment from Adam- Mommy I love you more than meatballs! 
*****
A- Okay Noah- do you want to play Eye Spy or Kiss the Baby?... Mom, Noah and me are playing a game. Okay Noah, you spy something purple?  Is it that picture?  It is!  Yay!  Okay, now it's my turn...

And later- Mom! I need to show Noah my cars.

M- I really think he just wants to look at you. To babies, faces are the best toys of all. 

A, whispering- Noah, faces aren't really toys.  Mommy's just tricking.  I'll go get my cars.
*****
M- We're not having cookies right now.  You may have zero cookies. 

E- I do!

M- You want zero cookies? 

E- Yeah! I do!

M- Great!
*****
Constant conversation between any three of my eldest- I'm looking at Noah right now!

No, I'm looking at him!

I am!

I am!

Moooommm!  Emma said I can't look at Noah!
*****
I observed that most of my conversations with my older kids lately include the words, "Be quiet!  Get out!  Stop doing that!"  Between the two weeks off for Christmas, two days of cancelled school for extremely cold temperatures, and an extra day trying to figure out who has the nastiest cold, it's been a long break for all of us.  I have to say, though, that the kids can be quite helpful and are always... generally... occasionally thrilled to have specific chores to do other than their usual cleaning up their toys, rooms, and unloading the dishwasher.  Look at those smiles!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...