I knew we were having a hard time, but I didn't realize quite how difficult the first few months were until I was able to make plans to visit a friend and say with confidence, 'I think we can make it without Noah screaming through the whole visit this time!' When asked in a conversation with a mother of five grown children and a mother of six school-aged kids how things are going in our house, I over-enthusiastically declared, 'Great! Noah is so happy now and I don't have to lock myself in a dark bathroom with the fan on to get him to stop screaming anymore!' There were some crickets in the silence as they realized I wasn't joking.
Sure we still have easier and harder days, but by and large Mr. Noahcakes has mellowed out and become the sweetest little thing around. Of course, one day he was crying and Adam informed me it was because he doesn't like being called 'Mr. Noahcakes.' Oops. So we're trying out other nicknames. "Squiggle-britches" is my current favorite, but I can see how that one would make Noah cry, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment