Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fun with Young Women

For the last year I have been serving with the young women in our ward.  It's my first time working with the youth since I was one, and it has been a great experience.  
These girls are amazing.  
They have been patient with me and anything ball-related.  But some skills are just not there... 
We've had weekly activities and Sunday lessons to grow and bond over.  

I've been inspired by the girls and the leaders.  There have been a lot of changes over the year, but change is good!  It provides us with new opportunities for friendships and growth.  
I especially loved my time at Girls Camp- I was only planning on attending for one night but ended up being able to go for the full four days of camp.
I slept in this cabin for three nights!  Voluntarily!
There was plenty of dirt and laughs and very little showers and sleep.  And I really loved it. It was a totally unplanned, but much enjoyed, mini-vacation in the middle of my summer. 
The weather was beautiful.  We even did a little "hiking" through a forest.  That part made me miss the mountains just a bit.
And that many days with such fun girls can turn you a little silly.
But it was an incredibly spiritual experience as well.  I heard things I needed to hear and felt my testimony and relationship with God grow as I had a deliberate chance to learn more about His plan for me.
Look at all of those beautiful daughters of God!
I'm so grateful to know that I am one of them. 

1 comment:

Julia and Aaron said...

Sounds like a wonderful calling! What a fun time!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...