Saturday, April 2, 2016

April Fools!

So many holidays... it seems like we've been looking forward to celebrating one day of fun or another since Halloween.  April Fool's Day is one holiday I don't generally put much effort into, but drawing on my kids while they are sleeping never gets old.
 Leah immediately wiped her kitten whiskers off, adamant that she would be mortified if she went to third grade with scribbles on her face (probably true). She did, however, take it upon herself to try out a few pranks this year- snipping holes in Jason's toothpaste tube and taping a flosser down to the bathroom counter then giggling when Adam tried unsuccessfully to pick it up.  April 1st was on a Friday this year, and as the long day (and long week) neared it's end she informed me that there hadn't been enough pranking and that she wasn't too happy about it.

To which I responded that my holiday efforts had been exhausted for the year and if she had a problem with it she could take it up with her father (classic tired mom response, I suppose).

Thank goodness there's another 7 months until the next Halloween.
This magic making mama is pooped!

2 comments:

beapinkal said...

Haha I feel the same way! There was New Year's Eve then dr Seuss birthday, then a tooth fairy was suppose to come then St Patrick's day and then Easter. And now April fools... Who can come up with new and new ideas and still has energy or desire to do so? I don't :) and guess what- our kids will still survive :)

Rachael said...

Haha...I made jello in juice cups for the kids after school, to which Abigail said, "Well, I'm glad you finally got around to doing something for April Fool's."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...