Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Noah-isms

Oh, Noah.  My sweet little baby.  I love to hear all of the things that are going on his mind and coming out of his mouth.

M- How old are you?

N- Ewwww!!

M- How old?

N- Ewwww!!!!

M- Do you mean two?

N- Yeah, twooooooo!

*****

I don't want to take a nap.  Actually.... I don't want to take a nap!

*****

M- Noah, why are you so cute?

N- Because!

M- Because why?

N- Because I'm just so cuuuute!

*****
While driving down the street Noah noticed the color of each door as we passed- 

"Orange!  Blue!  Red!"

*****
Noah is obsessed with the bunk beds.  He loves to run and tuck himself under Emma's covers during scriptures and prayer, which always ticks her off.  But tonight he crawled up to Adam's bed and laid next to him while I read them a few chapters from Sideways Stories from Wayside School.  When it was time to turn out the lights Adam asked if he and Noah could please have a sleepover in his bed.  "Not tonight," I said while Adam tucked his arm around Noah.  They laid there like that for a minute and then I scooped Noah out of the bed.  He reached over to give Adam (who seemed to have a rare hard day at kindergarten) a hug, and said "I love you".  "I love you, too." Adam replied, and then my heart melted into a big puddle right there.  Brotherly love is the best. 

*****
While shopping at the store, Noah let out a huge "Ooooooohhh!" and fell over himself as he ran over and declared "I love deese chips!" while hugging the biggest bag of Cheetos I've ever seen.  
It was so cute that I had no choice but to buy them.  
 *****
Noah insisted on wearing this wild shirt because 
"It's Micah's color!  It's Micah's color!"  
Micah is Noah's best friend, and his favorite color is orange.
*****
Of note, Noah slept in until 10:30 yesterday morning!  I could hear him breathing just fine, but finally went into check on him after seeing that he had rolled his entire body and head up tight in his fleece blanket.  He felt a bit on the hot side, but whether from a fever or the lack of fresh air I wasn't sure.  He still took his usual three hour nap that afternoon and was giggly and perky, albeit a bit more mellow and snuggly, all day.  I sure did enjoy that few hours of time to myself though!
Noah gets obsessed with one book at a time, and we read it over and over and over again until he has memorized it and can read it himself.  Smash! Crash! is his absolute favorite book, with Over in the Meadow, Jake and the Pirates, Cookies Week, Old Hat New Hat, Five Little Monkeys, and Dinosaur Roar! close behind.  I wish this video had sound, but my iphone 5 is starting to act it's age!
Noah has some of the best manners in our house.  He always remembers to say "please" and "thank you" and asks permission before he does anything.  "Can I play puzzles?"  "Can I do stampings?"  "Can I paint?"  He is the sweetest little sugar who just makes my heart melt many times each day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...