Last weekend our Elder's Quorum set up a fishing outing at a church member's private pond. It is stocked primarily with crappie and rarely fished so it's a pretty good place to learn how to fish - and learn we did!
Adam caught his first fish! He cast it and reeled it in but wasn't sure about touching it. I can remember as a kid not wanting to touch fish - and I still don't like it. I helped Adam get the hook out and eventually talked him into holding the fish and throwing it back into the lake. I was proud of Adam for overcoming his fear and holding the fish.
I caught a couple of fish too. Of all my memories fishing as a kid I can only remember one time that I caught a fish and it was when I accidentally dropped my hook into the edge of the pond without anything on it - go figure. The rest of the time I just remember sitting there waiting for my bob to move, so it was really fun for both of us to pull in fish within 30 minutes of starting.
Much like the camping, Adam had a lot of fun and we're both excited to go again! Not pictured is Emma, who was much more interested in playing with her friends than catching any fish.


No comments:
Post a Comment