Monday, August 28, 2017

Back to School

I think I'll work backwards for a bit here.  Last week the big kids went back to school!
The first day of school is always met with such anticipation and excitement!
5th grade for Leah- that means top dog at our elementary school!
Second grade for Adam!
And finally time for kindergarten for Emma.  I'll never regret that extra year that we spent together.  And now she's six and ready to go!
Of course, after months of conversations and fears and worries, she marched right into school without a moment's hesitation. 
 She had to accelerate her two-wheeler bike riding skills in order to be ready for the first day, but she's been getting there and back with no problem.  We have to ride to school while we can!
 And by we, I mean they.  Despite a flat tire, Noah and I made the journey to the school on the first day, and by the second day we just waved from the driveway.  It's better that way, I think.  Just picture Mom at home baking cookies, little ones!

They've got important business to get down to at school anyway.  I only get this first day of the year to follow them to their lockers with my camera.
And they were all smiles!

 Emma's teacher is Mrs. Ball.  She is very fancy and kind.
So far, our afternoons have felt crazy with soccer, piano, violin, and overall energy release.  And the mornings have come too early, and have been met with tears and groans and the clock that is always ticking too fast.  We've got a long year ahead of us,  but I'm grateful that we are off to a good start.
Back to school- and all that comes with it- we go!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...