We've called Noah the Sleep Robber for years now. Any given day or night, he's plotting ways to torture me in my sleep.
"Emma! After we get back from the Disney Cruise Daddy is going to be working really hard in Mexico and I'll get to sleep in Mommy's bed for so many nights!"
In prayer- "Please bless that I'll be sleeping in Mommy's snuggy warm bed... or maybe not.... but maybe."
In the middle of the night he usually helps himself to the middle of the bed by way of the bench. One night he stood by the side of the bed until I picked him up and put him in the bed. The next morning he claimed he had nothing to do with it. "Mommy! Why did you put me in your bed last night??"
After he climbed into my bed another night, I said, "Buddy, you need to go get in your own bed." To which he responded "Oh! ... no thank you."
One night Jason came to bed and found him already tucked into his place. He scooped him up and put him in his own bed. Noah said, "Daddy! What is this? NO!!!" and darted around him and back into our bed. Jason just followed him.
Early one morning I was in the middle of the bed. Noah appeared and took over my spot, snuggling down and declaring, "Ahh! This is all mine!"
Any hour, day or night, Noah looks in my eyes and says, "Mommy, I just love your snuggy warm bed."
Sigh. It's a phase. It's a phase. It's a phase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment