Monday, February 12, 2018

They Stories They'll Tell

For Christmas we printed off another year's worth of blog posts for each of the kids, and they have been poring over them ever since.  I love watching the kids read the stories of their lives, and it's my main motivation to keep blogging.  It's a pretty amazing family history that we have gathered over the last 11 years.

But sometimes I think about the stories that I don't tell here on the blog, and I wonder if they'll remember them. 

Like the time Leah fell off the treadmill and basically got skinned alive.

Or her frustration over the way her mom teases her, even after she's promised not to do it again. 

Or the time she decided to go skinny-dipping with her cousin in Grandma's pool, not realizing or caring that we were watching from the window.  I sent Emma out to steal their swimsuits and then watched them scramble to get back inside.  I've never laughed so hard or seem Emma's legs move so fast!

I wonder if Adam will remember the "fight" he had with his best friend and some other classmates on the playground. 

Or how he is always the first one up in the morning and the last one out the door to school.  He loves to give me lots of hugs before he goes.

I wonder if Emma will remember how hard kindergarten has been for her.  She loves school, her teacher, and her friends, but she hates being gone so long and so do I.  I have definitely been mourning the loss of my baby girl to all-day school this year.

I am already amazed at the things Noah remembers that I have never reminded him about, like a certain Christmas lights display that we saw last year or a friend that he played with two years ago. 

This blog is just a slice of our life, and I hope that they'll remember even more than what's here.  And keep telling their stories as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...