Oh man, it is too hard to keep up with all of the funny things that are said around here. But I keep trying!
*****
Noah, after coming downstairs way too early in the morning and snuggling up on the couch- Mama, my eyes just don't want to stay open.
*****
Noah, after coming downstairs way too early in the morning and snuggling up on the couch- Mama, my eyes just don't want to stay open.
*****
Singing a love song (which usually refers to the cutest baby), this time to Adam- Who's the cutest Adam in the whole wide universe??
Adam- It's Adam! It's Adam!
Noah, shocked- It's not me?!!
Me- No, you are not the cutest Adam in the whole wide universe.
Noah- I'm not?!!
then gets a twinkle in his eye.)
But I AM the cutest baby in the whole wide universe!
*****
Everyone was hovering around the kitchen while I was making a chocolate cake. After mixing up the batter I handed out the beaters for licking-
M- This beater is for Noah, this beater is for Emma, this spoon is for Leah, this scraper is for Adam, and this bowl is for Jason.
N, completely offended- What!? Why does Jason get the bowl?!!
*****
While discussing a possible date night-
M- I think I'm going to go on a date tonight!
N- What? Why??
M- Because I have a boyfriend!
N- (stops smiling) Who is it??
M- It's Daddy!
N- What? Seriously?!
*****
While Leah was chubbing his cheeks, Noah said- Stop that! I'm not chubby!... ... But the Berestain Bears are chubby!
*****
*****
Everyone was hovering around the kitchen while I was making a chocolate cake. After mixing up the batter I handed out the beaters for licking-
M- This beater is for Noah, this beater is for Emma, this spoon is for Leah, this scraper is for Adam, and this bowl is for Jason.
N, completely offended- What!? Why does Jason get the bowl?!!
*****
While discussing a possible date night-
M- I think I'm going to go on a date tonight!
N- What? Why??
M- Because I have a boyfriend!
N- (stops smiling) Who is it??
M- It's Daddy!
N- What? Seriously?!
*****
While Leah was chubbing his cheeks, Noah said- Stop that! I'm not chubby!... ... But the Berestain Bears are chubby!
*****
Noah, trying to convince Leah to eat more of her spinach quiche-
Leah, I'm warning you... it's delicious.
Leah, I'm warning you... it's delicious.
*****
Everyone was set to the task of cleaning their bedrooms last weekend. The girls got theirs done fairly quickly but the boys were distracted by the 10,000 Legos, the need to constantly hide then jump out and scare each other, and a good long chase around the house. After several hours of this, I noisily climbing up the stairs to check on their "progress", at which point I heard Noah frantically and sincerely declare, "Adam!! We forgot to clean our room!"
*****
Noah, at the pool, spotted a darker-than-him skinned boy with an outie belly button-
N- Look at his belly button! It's sticking out!
M- Yep, some belly buttons do that.
N- And look at his skin! He speaks Spanish because his skin is brown!
M- Nope, that's not true. You can't tell what language a person speaks just because of the color of their skin.
N- Well, sometimes.
M- Not usually.
N- But sometimes.
*****
Noah, snuggled up into bed after a long day and no nap- I don't need you to tell me a story tonight. Just scratch my back and tell me you love me.
*****
Have I mentioned this one before? Noah says, "Oh, for great!" instead of "Oh great" when something goes wrong. It's hilarious.
*****
M- Noah, do you want a cheese quesadilla or a pizza quesadilla?
N- Ooh, hard choice.... cheese.
N- Look at his belly button! It's sticking out!
M- Yep, some belly buttons do that.
N- And look at his skin! He speaks Spanish because his skin is brown!
M- Nope, that's not true. You can't tell what language a person speaks just because of the color of their skin.
N- Well, sometimes.
M- Not usually.
N- But sometimes.
*****
Noah, snuggled up into bed after a long day and no nap- I don't need you to tell me a story tonight. Just scratch my back and tell me you love me.
*****
Have I mentioned this one before? Noah says, "Oh, for great!" instead of "Oh great" when something goes wrong. It's hilarious.
*****
M- Noah, do you want a cheese quesadilla or a pizza quesadilla?
N- Ooh, hard choice.... cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment