Monday, September 17, 2018

Isms


Emma- Mommy, you must be tired.  Your makeup is all droopy.

*****

Similarly, both of the girls freaked out yesterday while we were all getting ready for church.

You have two gray hairs on your head Mommy!  TWO GRAY HAIRS!!!

*****

Who needs a mirror when you've got observant children?

Entertaining himself at the store, Noah told me he needed me to take a picture of him in "dees furs".

*****

Noah, while snuggling on the couch with me post-nap, farted.

M- Did you just fart on me?

N, giggling- No.... but I farted AT you!

*****

While I was sitting with a blanket around my legs.

Mommy, are you still wearing pants?

*****

With his feet buried in the sand of the creek-

Mommy!  Can you guess where the other half of my feet went??

*****

A friend of mine asked Noah what he wants to be when he grows up-

N- Either an astronaut or a seal.

Friend- You mean.... like a Navy Seal?

N- Nope, like a baby seal. 

This same friend put her hamster in the sandbox that her son and Noah were playing in.  It was so fun watching the hamster dig around, and I fully expected Noah to tell me he wants a hamster for our family.

N- She's so cute!  I wish I was a hamster!

*****

The after school hour is always an adjustment for Noah, as it means that other children are now present and want to talk to me.  While I was sitting on the couch with Adam, Noah sat down and wanted to start up his own conversation.  I told him I was having a chat with Adam and would chat with him next.

As soon as we finished up he tap tap tapped me on the arm and declared, Chat me Mommy!  You need to chat me now!

*****

Similarly, Noah was in tears tonight because I didn't give him "a good enough good night.  You didn't ask me about my day or scratch my back", he said while stroking my cheeks and lovingly smoothing down my ponytail.  So I tucked him back into bed and asked him all about his day, after which he sweetly asked, "and how was your day?"

Such a good boy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...