Truman is moving to Idaho next week. He came for one last overnight visit and the kids have loved it. He's a perfect companion for playing hide-and-seek.
And tug-of-war.
He keeps an eye out on what's going on in the neighborhood.
Really, really at home.
And he tolerates the kids so well. Look! A literal dog pile!
He's the best dog we've never had. He's well trained, cuddly, and isn't big enough to scare anyone.
When he gets underfoot I just pick him up and relocate him.
And, when he barks at the doorbell and digs through the trash and chews through dirty laundry, he's a great reminder for our family that dogs aren't all fun and games. But they sure are sweet to have around. I think Adam and Noah would like to have a dog of our own, Emma is on the fence, Leah is a definite NO ("he's so annoying! I'd rather have a squishy cute little baby!"...not going to happen, sis), and Jason and I are on the fence. We sure do like our family just the way it is these days, but a dog would definitely add another element of work and play and love. For now, the jury is still out on this one.
(November 2015, our first visit together)
Thanks for all the good memories Trumy!! We're going to miss having a pseudo-puppy of our own.

No comments:
Post a Comment