Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Blog Standing

At dinner one night Leah lamented that it's only old people that have good stories to tell.

"I can't even remember most of what has happened in my life!" she wailed.

It's a good thing we've got this trusty blog to help jog her memory.

When I started the blog back in 2006, I didn't have any expectations for how often I would post, what I would post about, or how long I would keep it up.  I'm probably just as amazed as anyone that it has stuck around this long.

But I love the family history that I've recorded, one story, -ism, picture or memory at a time.  I love that the kids can look back and see snapshots of their younger selves.

I love stumbling upon an inspiring quote or having a meaningful experience and knowing where to put it so that it is preserved beyond my memory.

All of the kids love thumbing through any one of the blog books that we have printed out (we're finally up to date on printing!).  They are constantly off the shelf, and that makes me so happy.

So I keep blogging.

Genuine comments feel like a thing of the past.

Connecting with my real mom friends through blogs feels like a thing of the past.

Writing a blog because it's a family history- rather than a money-maker- feels like a thing of the past.

But this little piece of our family history is the best part of our past that I could share with our kids in the future.

It's not the whole picture.   There are plenty of days- good and bad- that will never make the pages of the blog, and that's okay.  Every memory that is preserved is worth the time that I've put into keeping the blog alive.

So I keep blogging.  It's all for you, babies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...