Tuesday, June 11, 2019

I Made a Cake

The big looming question that has been on my mind for months now is "What will I do in the fall when all of my babies are in school all day long?" (sidenote- all day long goes by awfully quickly when your last child starts school at 8:30 and your first child gets home from school at 2:55, but that's not the point of this post.)

I have a few friends in the same boat, and one of them knocked my socks off when she told me she's going to have another baby!  What a great plan!  Not my plan, but I was so excited for her that I offered to make her family a gender reveal cake- and even she and her husband didn't know the gender of the baby!  I read and reread the word many times before I started baking and assembling the most exciting cake I've made in a while!
 Emma was my sneaky delivery partner- we went over to their house to set up the cake while the family was out.  Their kids had no idea what was waiting for them at home!
 And the cake turned out pretty darn cute- four layers, almond cake, buttercream icing and a delicious vanilla custard filling, all encasing the revealing M&Ms!
 And about 10,000 times better than the cake I made at my mom's house when we did a gender reveal for Noah- I've learned a few things since then! 
 And the family loved it!  It was a HUGE surprise for them!
And while I don't exactly see a cake-making business becoming my plan for the fall, this sure was a fun surprise to be a part of!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...