Monday, September 16, 2024

A "Low" Adventure

 While Daddy and the big kids were at High Adventure, Noah and I had an awesome adventure of our own! We toyed with the idea of tagging along to the Black Hills, but ultimately decided that we wanted to have our own adventure at home.  Noah had great ideas for each day, and we tried to do as many of them as we could while the kids were gone.
First morning- a bike ride on a new path. 
Flip-a-dip-dip-YO!
Then we gathered up the pup for a night at Buddy's house.
On our way to Omaha!
We met up with our old Ankeny friends the Salts!
Noah had the great idea of going to an aerial ropes course, and the closest one is in Omaha.
It. Was. AWESOME!!
And so, so SO, SO, SOOOOOO HOT!
We were completely soaked with sweat on the first run, but that didn't slow us down at all!
Noah was a brave and fearless leader!
I just tried to keep up with him.
We did five runs and a total of about 18 ziplines (none of them anything at all like the ziplining we did in Mexico, but still so much fun in their cute lil' Midwest way). We shut the park down and vowed we would be back again!
Noah and I shared the guest bedroom at the Salts house, and were visited by Momo!
Our original plan for the next day was to go to the zoo, but it was well over 100 degrees again, and we were easily pursueded to check out a new place- Illuminarium!  Or Illumination?  Or Illuminated? I could not for the life of me get the name of this science center right, but we had a great time checking it out!
Small choices can have a bigger impact than we realize!
Our friends were there too with their three boys, but they all took the museum at their pace.  Once we were all back home again everyone tucked right into some good books. 
The Salts convinced us to stay an extra night so that we could have more fun, which meant I had a bit of podcasting work to do while they were at a meeting.  Look at me with a gamer headset!
The next morning was another boiling hot one, so we headed over to the splashpad by the temple!  It was fun but so, so hot- 
so we ended our time together with a stop at Zestos before packing up and heading back home to Iowa. 
We went on a hike at Walnut Woods
and found some pieces for our new checkerboard (thanks Grandpa!). 
We also found the spot that the new pedestrian bridge will connect our two favorite close-to-home parks!
Noah's best buddy Harrison joined us for a day of Gorilla Tag and an evening at the ballpark!
Harrison had never been to a baseball game before, so we made sure to have all the fun with him. Cotton candy, popcorn, lemonade, 
and even the climbing gym!  I've never said yes to this before, but I told Noah that we just had to do it because this was our Low Adventure week!  I loved the look on his face when I said yes.
We made sure to say hi to Emma's baseball boyfriend on the way out. 
And we spotted a cybertruck!
Noah had another playdate with a friend from church, we had a movie night, and he even had his first babysitting gig (I stayed too) this week.  
Noah would make one awesome big brother, and I loved hearing his take on little kids all week long.  I think that he actually quite enjoys being the youngest after all!
We had so much fun together, we barely had time to miss the big kids! But we were definitely happy when our whole family was back home again. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...