In between all of the big happenings of the summer, we had some delightfully 'lazy' summer days as well.
Lots of mornings Noah and Laney greeted me on my way back from a morning walk!
We went to the pool seven times this summer (I counted because I wanted to decide once and for all if we're just too busy for the same number of trips to the pool that once warranted pool passes. Turns out yes, we are too busy to make passes worth the cost. Note to future self!)
Bike rides!
We weren't able to go on the dirt trail- "Only YOU can preven trail rut!" but we still had a good ride through the woods.
If I could wrap up our summer in one word, it would be paddleboards! Unlike the swimming pool, we made all the time we could for paddleboarding- with friends, with family, with new friends. The paddleboards were a great hit this summer!
Celebrating Leah's AP test scores!
A visit to the zoo on a HOT summer day-
The kids used to be able to all pile into this tortoise shell together.
Some of these giraffes really liked each other.
"Move it, Kevin!"
Cheeto Puff!
Noah's a good sport when Emma wants to torture him with makeup.
He and I had a date at the skatepark downtown on a not-too-hot day.
Sometimes Emma lets me play with her hair!
Mom hack- some days I set out random toys or activities that the kids have forgotten about and watch them quietly enjoy some time with an old favorite.
We continued our Sunday summer hikes, sometimes with Laney along for the ride (and the extra pounds in Adam's backpack when she can't take it anymore).
Every hike taught us a good lesson, whether it be to pack more water or clip your toenails BEFORE hiking.
On the church front, we visited another unit this summer and Jason was so proud of his heart object lesson.
Emma and I had a great time window shopping at the mall in preparation for her birthday.
She's all about Barnes and Noble these days.
On a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, she and I went on a bike ride and for some ice cream.
She took the news that Leah was going to visit Sarah in North Carolina as expected.
But overall, she handled it quite well!
The Granny Nostalgia in me really wanted to visit the newly refurbished rocket ship park this summer, and we did!
This is a good and slow summer morning.
Lucky babies.
No comments:
Post a Comment