I got to stay in Utah with Leah! Once the fam dropped us off at the airport to pick up a rental car, we decided to check out something epic in SLC- the Grand America Hotel's winter window display!
A Costco run is a must when mom's in town.
I loved seeing Leah in between classes!
We went temple dress shopping, and Leah invited me to attend church with her on Sunday!
There was a crazy snow squall right when church let out!
BYU campus is so beautiful, and it was all decked out for Christmas!
We drove from BYU to Utah Lake up to Rock Canyon and all through the fancy neighborhoods, looking at Christmas lights and avoiding cougars in the canyon and talking about all the things.
And finally it was time for the reason I stayed- her first orchestra concert!
The venue was gorgeous and the music was incredible. I'm so glad I got to hear Leah play the violin again.
I think we were both a bit tired and silly by this point.
Leah always makes me laugh!
It's so sweet to have family close by to support Leah!
BYU Creamery ice cream for everyone!
We didn't realize that this was the last day they were opened- forever! The creamery as we've always known it was knocked down not long after this.
Phew! This was a great and quick trip, and getting home was stressful- I had to RUN to make my connecting flight in Denver and I made it just in time to attend Noah's orchestra concert. Phew! There is no way as parents that we will be able to attend all of the things for all of the kids all of the time, but we are so grateful for the chances to show up when we can!



No comments:
Post a Comment