Friday, September 3, 2010

Second Wind

Our second day in Chicago started out with a huge and delicious breakfast delivered to our hotel room. We had survived the night without Jason and we actually got a good night's sleep once Leah was isolated in a bed of her own and no longer able to kick or twiddle anyone's hair in her sleep. We were ready to hit the town.

We spent most of the day at the aquarium. Since the kids and I had been there a few times before, it was fun to see it through the eye's of a first-timer.
Plus there was the added benefit of knowing what to see and what to avoid. We even had perfect seats for their aquatic show Fantasea- just two rows behind the girl that is "randomly" chosen out of the audience to fly across the sea in a boat and interact with the beluga whales, sea lions, and dolphins. We also got to see the American Hawk and penguins up close. It was an amazing show.
My favorite part of the aquarium was the lunch- we were dining with the dolphins, and I felt so much like the mom instead of the kid. "I just paid $7 for that sandwich- you're going to eat it, and you're going to like it!" We don't usually buy food at the museums, and I had total sticker shock.

After the museum, it was time to go shopping! We ended up at The American Girl doll store- a place that I'm sure Leah will appreciate much more when she's a bit older. It was so girly and fun!
It was all about pink frosting and sprinkles.
Then it was time to head home. I could have easily dragged everyone around the city for another day- we didn't even get to go to the beach or see the temple. But it had now been two full weeks since the kids and I had been home, and with a 3 hour drive ahead of me, the fun had to end somewhere.

And it was an awesome trip. I loved seeing Chicago through the eyes of Allison. Without kids to wrangle or a schedule to keep, she caught a glimpse of the city that I have only experienced once (in life BC). Just take a look at all the amazing things she saw!

1 comment:

whitney said...

Ooo, I'm so jealous!...not of the sticker shock, however, that I have plenty of :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...