Adam has developed such a sense of humor. While he was playing with a box of rice and spoons, he kept sticking his finger through the hole of a measuring spoon and saying, "Uck! Uck!" Then I'd say, "Oh! Is your finger stuck?" and take it off. And he'd smile and put it back on and we'd start the whole thing over again... and again... and again. Ah, the simple pleasures of a one-year-old.
But my absolute favorite is the fact that Adam needs me to watch him fall asleep. The fact in itself is not so funny, and can occasionally be quite inconvenient, like when we are late from the symphony, but the things he does to get me to come back into his room are quite comical. He will start cooing, then speaking, then shouting, "Ma! Ma! mamamamamamamaMAAMAA! MA! MA! MA!" I can tell from the noises on the monitor that he is jumping up and down, tossing his stuffed monkey and crab over the side of his crib, and pulling back the nearby window curtains to entertain himself. But as soon as I walk into his room to tuck him back in, he literally dives back onto the mattress (occasionally with arms spread wide), snuggles right down, and falls asleep within seconds. He never wants me to pick him back up, he just wants to know I'm there. So sweet.
We're starting a little boys playdate this week with a few friends, and I am anxious to see how Adam does with other kids his age. Nursery is right around the corner, so he'll figure it out soon enough. He doesn't generally snatch toys away from other kids, but if you try to take his toy, look out. He will shriek and howl and stamp his feet until the other kid, clearly terrified, lets go. It should be lots of fun!



1 comment:
I just love watching their little personalities emerge, don't you? Adam is just at such a fun age!
I love the whole watching him fall asleep thing. So precious and funny, all at the same time :)
Post a Comment