I've started running again. The only thing I hate more than running is not being able to run, so I run. I love knowing that I'm doing something for myself. I love seeing all of the beautiful colors of the fall leaves. I love having conversations with another adult (yay for a new running partner!). I love that, even though I have spent the ENTIRE day with my kiddos, they both still melt down and beg me not to leave, then plaster themselves to the window, frantically waving good-bye and blowing me kisses until I'm out of sight. And when I get back a short 30 minutes later, Adam gasps with delight and says, "Woo come back, Mommy? Yay!"
This is how I spend a good chunk of my days- diaper parties!
Mr. Man has started climbing out of his crib, then appearing at the top of the stairs looking so very proud of himself and declaring, "I climbed out of my crib and I wasn't even scared!" So a big boy bed is right around the corner, which means potty training is around the next corner after that. I don't see us getting there anytime real soon though, so in the meantime we'll have diaper parties!
I adore this beautiful quilt that my lifelong friend Heather (aka Shrimp) made Emma. She has made one for each of my babies, and I love them all! And I always get lots of compliments on them, which I enjoy, too.
Leah was the Helper of the Day at school last week. She chose her most favorite shell as her show and tell. She doesn't say much about preschool right after class, but I can ususally get her to start talking about her day after she's eaten a good meal. One conversation last week went like this.
L- It's not nice to tease.
M- You're right, it's not nice to tease.
L- Joshua teased me a preschool and that's not nice.
M- That's not nice! (I'm trying really hard to be empathetic and not controlling our conversations these days).
L- He called me a boy! And I'm not a boy!
M- No! You're defininitely not a boy.
L- And then he said my name is Alex! And my name's not Alex, it's Leah! (My kids are really big on getting their names right.)
M- You're right.
L- And then he said that I'm an eyeball!
M- No!
L- And so I just said 'I do not want to play with you if you are going to tease me.' and I walked away.
So cute, but so serious to Leah. But it seems like she handled it okay on her own. Time apart at preschool makes time together all the more sweeter- for all of us.
Adam has become my favorite daytime playmate- we practiced karate today and had a banana muffin picnic while Leah was at preschool.
Jason and Adam always enjoy manly bonding time together, too.
And a few pictures of the sweetest baby ever. This girl has captured the hearts of everyone in our family. She is starting to "talk"- cooing and smiling and wiggling her whole body whenever anyone is nearby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i want to see all those gorgeous colors on your tree on your backyard- so keep them until i come. deal??? :) Emma is so sweet and cute. I'm excited to meet her. Also Leah is so beautiful- every picture i see of her i keep thinking how beautiful she is. :)
And potty training with Adam- good luck!
I love the everyday-ness of this post. Your everyday looks a lot like mine :)
ps-be-u-tiful quilt!
Post a Comment