Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Portrait of a Genius

This was a pretty big weekend in our house.  Two nights in a row, Jason was not in bed when I woke up at 4 am to feed Emma.  He was too busy "cracking the code" of his research.  I could let him explain what that means, but all you really need to know is that the WHOLE reason that we are here- the pinnacle of his graduate research- the ticket out of graduate school- he figured it out this weekend. 

My husband is smart.  Super smart.  To illustrate- in my entire 16 years of formal education, the only class I ever had to retake (for getting a C- in, which is unacceptable at BYU) was Statistics 101.  I didn't get it the first time, I didn't get it the second time, I just got through it.  Jason, on the other hand, just finished Stats 84,736 with an A++.  Because he just gets it.  His research relies heavily on statistics, and that right there proves to me that he is a genius.  Being in graduate school, we are surrounded by geniuses, but it's nice to know I've got a resident genius living right in my house.  Thank goodness I won't be the only one around to help my kids with their math homework.

And Jason will probably be mortified when he reads this post and sees that I actually took and then posted the picture of him, "staring off into space, contemplating the meaning of corn."  Hee hee.  Hi, honey!  I'm so proud of you!

3 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

Love it, Melanie! This is a sweet post!

Rachael said...

YAY!! As we're in that same graduate student boat, I can understand how incredibly exciting this milestone is. Congrats to both of you!!

Rachael said...

But wait...you better not be moving any time soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...