Tuesday, December 4, 2012

When I Grow Up...

Leah was the Cool Crab at school last week and she got to make a poster all about herself.  She worked really hard on it and was very proud of the finished product.
Last week was also Community Helper Day at school.  Leah wanted to dress up as a violinist, "because they play beautiful music for the community".  I would have also added cultural refinement and a sense of community camaraderie, but I didn't think she would want to spout that off as part of her oral report.
 We borrowed a real violin for her to take to school, and she was so thrilled to have one in the house for a few weeks.  She has been interested in the violin for a few years, and I think she is old enough now to be introduced to some formal music lessons- either piano or violin.  I'm hoping to find a great teacher for her in Iowa.

And just because this picture prompts it, I have to mention that Leah is getting more particular about her hair.  She likes it done with pigtails and a swoop, or a side ponytail and a swoop, or braids and a swoop.  Always with a swoop.

1 comment:

beapinkal said...

I LOVE that picture of Leah with the violin! She is so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...