Starting with adult time- Jason and I have been squeezing in alone time lately wherever we can in the name of major upcoming events that will prevent us from much more than dates at home for a while. We went to the Train concert at the Iowa State Fair- it was so fun! It was Jason's first concert, and it was a good one. Except for the drunk Michael Bolton look-alike that grabbed my belly with both hands and said, "Congratulations to both of you!!!" Ick.
The next weekend Jason and I took our traditional babymoon- this time just a quick overnighter to Minneapolis to attend the temple, sleep in at a fancy hotel and eat amazing food.
Check,
check,
and check.
I suppose somewhere in here I should acknowledge the fact that Jason has lost 60 pounds since we moved here... but I'll let him write that post himself. He sure does look handsome eating his bowl of wild rice Mahnomin porridge!
It was a fantastic trip, and I'm always grateful for the times that we dedicate to our relationship- it's always so nice to be Melanie and Jason instead of Mommy and Daddy for a while. It makes us much better at being Mommy and Daddy when we get back, too!We spent the second day checking out the Mall of America, stocking up at Ikea, and trying in vain to get home at the time we told our baby-sitter we'd be there. But no babymoon of ours comes without hiccups, (the first time around we got stuck in the Denver airport and, being 8 and a half months pregnant, I ended up curling up to sleep on the floor of the airport. Babymoon #2 was a fairly smooth one, but I spent a lot of time crying over the fact that we were moving from very familiar Utah to Indiana. And how I miss Indiana now! Babymoon #3 was when we unintentionally added a day to our trip and missed our flight home, resulting in a very expensive second purchase of two return plane tickets) and this was no exception. Traffic there and back made the trip much longer than we anticipated, but at least we got to check out this awesome truck in the middle of Minnesota.
Yikes.
2 comments:
Ok- i will email you about this more but I have to say this much- Jason is a totally different guy in these pictures:) He looks great! More in an email:)
I'm excited to read Jason's post! 60lbs is amazing! You can see all the weight he's lost in these pictures.
Glad the babymoon has been checked off the list. What a great tradition, minus the hiccups:). Only a month and a half left until baby brother arrives!
Post a Comment