Adam has been counting down the minutes until he could return to his beloved Triad preschool. He was up and dressed in his most favorite "fast pants" (the ones that let him slide down the stairs the fastest) and Lego Mixels shirt first thing Wednesday morning.
His main request for breakfast was a giant stack of sausage, which he happily would have eaten all by himself if I would have let him.
After last year's agonizing over whether or not to send him to kindergarten, I haven't given hardly a second thought to the decision we made. He is perfectly happy to be gone a few hours a day for four days a week, and I am happy to have him home with me the rest of the time. And the fact that he loves it there so very much makes the nearly 30 minute round trip twice a day to get him there and back totally worth it.
I'm glad I get to have my sweet boy at home with me for another year.
And though they sometimes fight like a cat and a dog, I think Emma is going to enjoy having him around, too.
I am also really looking forward to the one-on-one time I get to spend with Miss Emma while he's gone. Noah is scheduled to be napping at that time, so we should be able to have lots of girly fun together. We kicked things off yesterday with a trip to Topped Donuts, where we enjoyed a treat on the patio while Noah napped nearby in his carseat.
And today we came home, completed puzzles, created sticker scenes, painted toenails, read books and snuggled and listened to the quiet and giggled about the fact that everyone else in our family had somewhere to be or something to do except for the two of us girls.
It's going to be a great fall.



1 comment:
I always wanted to ask how on earth you found a male kindergarten teacher! Lol it's pretty cool though! Adam is such cutie! And I live Emma's faces on these pictures:)
Post a Comment