Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Dog House

When I was a 4 year old girl, we lived in Seattle, Washington.  I was playing hide-and-seek in the backyard with my big sister and my big brother.  It was my turn to hide and I found a really good hiding place- in Skipper's dog house.  I scooted all the way to the back and I was sure that no one would ever find me in there.  

After a few minutes I got so excited that I really, really needed to go to the bathroom.  Sometimes when you're really excited you feel like you have to go to the bathroom, right?  But I had such a good hiding place and I didn't want anyone to find me.  So I had a decision to make- I could get out of the dog house and go to the bathroom and lose the game or I could stay in my hiding spot and wet my pants.  What would you do?

Adam said he would give up his hiding spot and run to the potty.

This seems like such a no-brainer now.

Well, I really loved my hiding spot and I didn't want to give it up, so I sat in the dog house and I peed my pants.  And then the game was over anyway because I had wet pants and I had to go inside to change. 

The end.  

And I left Adam's room for the night with his eyes VERY WIDE with wonder that his mommy would ever willfully do something so bad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...