Keeping it real- the view from my computer desk, complete with no makeup, undone hair, and a sunroom exploding with perler beads and kitchen stuff while the kids play and nap around me as I type.
I've been slowly chipping away at this family history of ours for over 10 years now. This is my 1,500th post. It's hard to believe that there have been that many stories to tell, but as I look over the blog and remember all of the little moments of motherhood and the big milestones of life, I'm so grateful that this habit stuck around. It's a great journey that our family is on, and it makes me so happy to think that someday I'll have it all here to reflect on.
It's probably time to give the annual disclaimer of the blog- this is a slice of our life, not the whole pie. This is a carefully curated compilation of many of our happiest moments and some of our sad ones. It's the trials overcome and our triumphs that I share. I don't generally sit down to blog on the days when there are doors slammed or angry silence or parenting frustrations that we need to work through. I share some of the lessons we've learned, but for every one that we've figured out we've got a dozen more that we're still working on. Thank goodness life is long. There is so much learning left to do.
And the content of the blog will surely continue to change over time. The -isms are decreasing as the kids are learning more about how things really are. I surely won't be blogging about puberty or other huge changes that are on the horizon. I have a feeling that my kids are eventually going to figure out that Jason and I aren't perfect (I'm pretty sure at least 3 of them already know that disappointing fact). All of the realities of life mean that this blog will continue to hold the highlights, but not the whole picture of our family life.
But I will keep trying to record their happiest childhood memories. I'll keep sharing our journey and memories from my childhood and stories from married life before the blog was around. And hopefully it will continue to be a book that my kids will want to read.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled life updates. :)
1 comment:
I love your blog so much! And I'm glad you keep writing it! I love being a part of your every day life and who knows maybe one day we will live close to each other again. :)
Post a Comment