This time it feels slightly less exciting because it means that the only monster left ahead of us is the really, really nasty one, but hey! Our debt snowball is rolling faster, we've got another student loan crossed off the list and that feels pretty amazing.
Also, I'd like to repeat all of the sentiments that I shared the last time around- I know it was worth all that the student loans afforded us, but man, I sure wish we had never needed to take them out in the first place! But since we did, and since we're knocking them out as quickly as we can, we might as well celebrate each small victory along the way.
That little chart up there has been hanging in our closet for a year now- it's a snapshot of our top five financial goals for the year. Time to update it again!
1 comment:
I have one student loan left to pay as well. At this point, the last payment is supposed to be around my 40th birthday next year, LOL. We keep debating "should we just pay it off instead of making the payments?" But, since the interest rates are so low, we generally put the extra $$ we have towards our mortgage instead.
I remember when I was a freshman in college, one of my professors turned 40. He said his best present was making his final student loan payment that day. I thought to myself "that's so far away from now" and here we are!
Post a Comment