Friday, January 11, 2019

Can We Get a Dog?

While cleaning out post-Christmas junk from bedrooms last week, I discarded the last of Emma's Halloween candy.  Of course, later that same day she came looking for it.  "Have you seen my candy?  It was in a ripped unicorn bag under my bed."  Of course I should have known it was a treasure.  

I offered to buy her another piece of candy since I so heartlessly threw hers away without asking her permission.  She considered my offer and countered with, "I don't want you to buy me candy.  I want you to buy me a dog."  

That's quite the bargain!  

 It started an extensive conversation about what it would take to get a dog, reasons for and against it, and the associated expenses.  

This is Emma's list- first listed in purple the things we'd need to purchase- 

Collar, electric
Food
Electric Fence
Water bowl, food bowl
A dog bed
A healthy shot
A name P.S. Tiny?
A small dog
Leash
Toys


And in pink, reasons to get a dog- 
We're old enough. 
4 people want it. (Leah voted NO, Daddy wasn't home to cast a vote.)
It would teach us to keep our room clean.
Mommy pinky-promised me.
They're cute.  
Almost all Adam's friends have a dog.
They're good snugglers. 
No one is allergic.  
Is not a cat.

This is Adam's name bracket- Tiny, Charky, Mr. Nuggy, Buster, Max, Sunny, Wolfie, and Ozzie are the top contestants.  

 And this is the dog responsibilities rotation chart- 
It seems like they've thought of everything!  But the jury isn't out on this topic yet. The jury hasn't even met about this topic yet.  

In the meantime, Noah has been having a great time showing his preschool dog Dexter around our house.  








One thing's for sure- real or stuffed, cute little dogs sure do bring joy to our family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...