Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Mothers Day

 
What Mother's Day taught me this year- 

Breakfast in bed is a must.  Even if everyone eats half of your food and then you all migrate down to the kitchen table to finish up together, Mother's Day breakfast must start in bed.

The day always comes with a beautiful flower from church and a healthy dose of introspection based on other people's feelings about Mother's Day- am I doing enough? Am I doing it well?  Am I doing too much?  Is anyone going to remember the effort I put into the countless meals and hours of cleaning and loads of laundry?  And the way I tried to teach them manners and morals and consequences and repentance?  Are my kids every going to write wordy poetry over what a great mom I was to them? Do I do that enough for my own mom???

Put yourself in time out when needed and take a nap while you're at it.

I like cooking.  It's actually harder for me to watch Jason cook alone than to be in the kitchen together.  Still, it was a delicious break from the kitchen for me this year.

Talking to my own mother is always a treat.

Having people in our home makes me happy, especially when their own mothers are either too far to visit or have passed away.

Also, Noah knows me really well-  
With the exception of my age, everything on this page is the truth!

And I know how hard Emma worked on this sweet card- such impressive adjectives!
 And Leah knows me well- two free Laney chores is totally my current love language!
And Adam, whose love language is definitely physical touch, said he was working on a gift and in the meantime I have been showered with lots of hugs and kisses and "I love you Mommy"'s which is all this mom really wants.  

That and a clean house and a happy family. 

And as a bonus, I have a husband that tried really, really hard to make Mother's Day special.  
It was definitely a memorable one that, above all, left me with gratitude for the opportunity that I have to be the mother of the four most amazing little people in the universe!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...