I got to take a super fun and super quick trip to Utah in October!
Utah is such a beautiful place! I can never get over the mountains.
And I was going for such a fun reason- this sweet sister friend of mine got married!!
But first I got to meet her new husband Matt, hug and squeeze all of her kids, who are growing up way too fast, and I met Chumly, who warmed right up to me and my puppy smell. He is such a good- and big- dog!
It was so so SO fun to get to spend a few days with Bea- when we met 16 years ago I never could have dreamed how special she would be to me, or that I would be at her wedding! My favorite part of our time together was a tie between the errands we ran in the afternoon, the delicious lunch we enjoyed, and the frantic eleventh hour adjustments we made to her beautiful wedding dress.
And then the big day was here! I've never seen such a confident, happy, and calm bride before.
And her babies looked so beautiful too!
Now she has six of them- just look at this amazing family!
The day was extra fun because Heather was there to help keep everything running smoothly!
And I got to dress up, which is always fun.
And my family got to watch the wedding from home!
I'm so grateful that technology keeps us close no matter where we are.
And we got to party all night long! It was really one of the most beautiful and special weddings I have ever been to. I couldn't be happier for Bea!
Heather and I stayed after the wedding to gather everything up and get it all back to Bea's house before catching a few winks at her house then going to Grandma and Grandpa's for breakfast! It was early, but it was quite a party!
Auntie Kirsten was there with her three cute kiddos Finn, Ella, and Claire,
Sarah and Sav were there,
Uncle Jarad,
my dad!
Allison and Spence brought their new pup Georgia May,
and Grandma was the hero who made it all happen with her delicious french toast breakfast for us all!
Did I mention it was EARLY?? My eyes did not want to be open. But I had an early flight to catch, and I felt so loved by my sweet family that supported me in being present for Bea at her wedding and then humoring me with our early-morning get together.
And in no time I was back home again, flying over the lakes and roads I've come to know so well.
I know the kids and Jason were excited to see me, but this little non-cuddler stuck by my side all afternoon while I finally caught up on sleep!
What a fun weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment