Wednesday, November 20, 2024

The Temple and The Zoo

 This perfect fall weather has gone on and on in the best way possible, and I've been loving the extra chances to be outside in the warm-ish and sunshine! One Saturday in November we went to Omaha!  Just one more trip to the temple in December before Noah and I can join the kids inside! We've had some great times on the temple grounds together, just the two of us. 
After the temple we waited for the rain to stop and grabbed some lunch at Panera- if I recall correctly Leah's hard-boiled egg looked like a butt. 
And Emma's excitement over the bacon mac and cheese caused her to forget that she actually doesn't like Panera mac and cheese. Oops! This was during Adam's play weekend so he wasn't with us, but if he had been he would have scarfed it down for her!
Then we were off to the zoo, which was decorated for Christmas! 
I insisted that we do the outside loop because the weather was so nice- surely the next time we are there we will just scurry from building to building- but this day was perfect for being outside.  
Like most things, the loop down to the biggest animals at the zoo was not nearly as massive as it once seemed. The elephants were pure entertainment with their eating and pooping and peeing and chasing each other around. 
The helicopter and safari Jeep adventures continue! 
At this point in the day I was alone- the kids ran off ahead of me and I had zero concerns about catching up with them.  Honestly, they could have been there without me and I still wouldn't have been concerned (but I'm glad we were together!). Yet another moment of pause for the change from how things used to be to how they are now. 
I found them all grossed out about the koi pond.  There were ducks upon fish upon fish upon fish.  Ick!
The Asian Highlands is one of our favorite exhibits! Noah's still just young enough that I could stress him out about all of the warning and danger signs. 
Hmmm.... don't fit quite like they used to. 
The tiger was the winning animal performance for the day! 
Smolder!
I just love the details of this exhibit- it feels like Animal Kingdom!
Most of the gorillas weren't out, but look at moody Emma and happy Noah! 
We had just enough time to zip through the Kingdom of the Night (in reverse!) before our IMAX movie started, and we witnessed the most horrifying display of territory defense we've ever seen these little naked mole rats exhibit - they are vicious! 
The movie this time around was about blue whales, and it was fascinating!
And Noah discovered a mood ring- a must-have for every happy childhood. 
As is trips to the zoo- it's such a happy place that is filled with memories and always fun to explore, no matter how old we get.  I'm glad we got to spend a day there this fall! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...