Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh Give Me A Home...

We've really been trying to cram these last few weeks of summer with as many adventures as possible. On the agenda last weekend: Antelope Island! It is the largest of the Salt Lake's 10 islands, and has surprisingly sandy beaches and herds of buffaloes roaming free. (And no, I didn't pull that sentence off their website, although it does sound like it.)
We told Leah we were going to the ocean (easier to explain) and she had a great time playing in the salty water and sand. There were people swimming and floating around, but we stuck with ankle-deep water only. Well, except for Leah. She was soaked in about 2 minutes.
Then we drove to the other side of the island, were we saw a huge herd of "buffa-wo's". They were pretty impressive! Don't worry- this one's fake.Eep! Buffalo crossing!

7 comments:

Leah Florence said...

oH how beautiful! I didn't even know Salt Lake had Islands like that...I thought you were in california at first...except for the random buffalo, of course. Leah is getting so big and cute!!

Amy Jane said...

Wow, that looks so fun! I've never been to antelope island..and I didn't even know there were buffalo there..crazy!

Mrs. S said...

How fun! I didn't know the Great Salt Lake was like that either. Looks like we missed out on not ever going!

Three Love kids said...

So much fun. I have not been there yet. Fun times. Leah looked like she had a great time.

Martins said...

You guys are seriously my heroes, You have so much fun!

Taralyn said...

How did it smell? Sounds like a good place to visit.

Kika VilaNova said...

Wow thank you for posting about this place, it's beautiful and now I want to go! :)

heeeyyy miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...