Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Singles Ward


Jason was recently called to be in the bishopric of a singles ward. Anyone who is in or has been in our ward (or any ward, for that matter) knows that this isn't exactly a desirable calling.

I'm mean, wait a minute! Weren't we just in the singles ward? Now we're Brother and Sister Morales? The stake presidency has referred to us as an example to "these young adults"... temple marriage, happy relationship, cute little baby... no pressure!

This is definitely a change of pace from what we're used to, but given the flyer from the first group FHE we went to last night, I think these 'youngins' might get us afterall.

8 comments:

christa said...

Wow that's intense, your hubby must be pretty righteous. I'm super anti-University ward here...I'm just being honest. They actually just changed the U-wards to only singles no more marrieds, so all these people who have been married for like two weeks moved into the family wards...it's very interesting.

Aubrey said...

I guess that's what happens when your in one watd for so long... they don't have aany other place but the single's ward. Your husband is great and will do a fantastic job. Good luck to you guys!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Wow that is weird, but I'm sure it'll be so much fun too. Just think of all those girls that will want to babysit for free. hahaha just jokin.

Unknown said...

I found it, I found it!

Taralyn said...

You guys will be great! Think of all the drama you're returning to :) haha

Martin Family said...

Should I say Congratulations? or my condolences? Well... you guys should be a good example to those "singles" I know I would like to be like you! :)

Nat said...

What? Where have I been? How did I miss this?

Miriam said...

Congrats on the new calling! Good luck, I certainly don't want to go back to a singles ward anytime soon. -Miriam Niemi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...