Friday, August 8, 2008

Toddler Talk


I've realized that Leah has a lot of phrases that make perfect sense to me, but mean nothing to anyone else...

*mallow-nack (marshmallow snack)

*rowly-roly (ravioli)

*secret-shhh (seahorse, thanks to a recent library book called Secret Seahorse)

*star-face (any star, but mainly a toy that sits on her highchair whom we have named Mr. Star Face)
.
She also has no social filter, and lately I've been embarrassed more than once as she's pointed to the next person in line or someone walking past us and she yells out, "What's this?"....We're working on whispering...

6 comments:

Holly said...

So fun how toddlers pick up language! It sounds like little Leah is learning it by leaps and bounds, too. ;)

Taralyn said...

mmmm..... rowly-roly that sounds much more appetizing.

Hendrickson Clan said...

I have found that most of the time dad doesn't even know there language! They sure sound cute though! I love that age (for talking anyways)!

Lauren Davison said...

Haha! How cute! whenever I walk into the nursery room for singing time she drops whatever she's doing and shouts "STAAAAAR!!" And it makes me feel loved. Even though she really just loves my sparkly stars. ;)

elise and jeff said...

So darling! I love your blog too!!! I didnt know your husband was called to be in the singles ward, I heard it is a real blessing, but if you are sad at church b/c theres no one to sit with, I am here :) BTW you sang beautiful yesterday!

whitney said...

I love toddler talk-it's the best. I'd always forget that I was the only one who knew what Ezra (and now Georgia) was saying. I mean, obviously rowly-roly is ravioli, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...