Thursday, February 19, 2009

Leah-isms

Thanks everyone for your comments about the baby. We're really excited- more on that later.
*
Leah has so much to say- always has, really- and has started talking about things that are really interesting to me. Like whether the "baby in Mommy's tummy" is a boy or a girl. Her/his name is Alex to her, no matter what.
And she's started "remembering" things. Like-

*When I was a baby, I was taking a nap, and then I was born, and I was crying.

*Here's my medicine from when I was sick!
Yep- that's a potty chair bowl on her head.

Potty training is pretty much on hold since Leah just got over a scary case of croup, and I have a cold, but we're still trying a few times each day. Today I put her on the potty, and she stood up, closed the lid to the potty, and politely told me, "No thank you. Maybe tomorrow." Is this what it's going to be like for us? A battle of manners?

"Prince Eric takes Ariel for a tour of his kingdom"
*
I'm also realizing a lot about what she hears me say. She found a secret spot in her closet yesterday, which she set up as her napping place, and then stuck her head out and told me, "I'm tired. I'm taking a nap. Don't wake me up!"
Okay, pregnant=tired=I like a nap just as much as any toddler should, so yeah, I'll own up to that one.

Or today in the bathroom, I was reading her the "Potty Book for Girls" during which the main character has a peeing accident and there is a puddle on the floor. Our conversation went something like this:

L: Uh-oh. She spilled.

M: Yeah, but it was an accident.

L: She made a bad choice!

M: But it's pee-pee and she just had an accident. It's okay.

L: She needs to pay attention!

So, I guess Leah does hear a lot of what I say, I just need to make sure that it comes out right when she repeats it all!

3 comments:

whitney said...

Oh, honey, don't worry, you're so not alone on that one! Heaven knows how many times I've heard Ezra say "Oh, crap!" or something akin to it. Leah's just getting to be such a big girl, though. It's always so exciting when they get interested in the baby in mommy's tummy.

As for the baby carriers, they're pouch slings. They're all hotslings (http://www.hotslings.com/) in fact. I bought mine right after Georgia was born and it's been a total lifesaver!

Kika VilaNova said...

I do think it is amazing how smart her is!! But she surely has the parents with the good intelligent genes to get that from ;)

hugsss

Kathryn Cooper said...

Oh congratulations!!! So exciting to be having baby number 2. I look forward to watching the pregnancy progression. Leah is such a cutie. I love that she put the potty on her head. Kids are so good for entertainment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...