Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pregnancy FAQs


I thought I'd post some details about this pregnancy, since I am included in the general fascination that we all seem to have with other people producing offspring, and I assume you are, too!

Due date: July 30th

First trimester: was a dream. I was hardly sick with Leah, but I was walking on sunshine this time around. I was tired, but being able to rest when I needed to made all the difference in the world.

Gender wishes: A girl would be wonderful! I know how to deal with at least one little girl, it would be slightly less expensive to dress her, and- hello!- matching sister outfits! So cute. BUT... a boy would be an entirely new and exciting experience, and there are not a whole lot of boys in either Jason or my family- the total count between our immediate families is 6, compared to 15 girls. So, it would be nice to even the score a little. Either way, we find out on March 9th!

Names: We have a few working options for either gender, but nothing we love just yet. I was really secretive about Leah's name, but I don't think I have the energy to keep that up this time around. Just keep your opinion to yourself, please!

Biggest concern: Jason is starting school about three weeks after the baby is born, so we'll have to figure out how to get our whole family in the same state again. I didn't rebound so quickly with Leah, so my expectations are pretty low.

Birth plans: VBAC! Leah was a super emergency c-section that shouldn't repeat itself, so I'm really hoping for a VBAC. But, like I just said, my expectations are pretty low. I'm more concerned with getting a healthy baby here than how it happens.

Why didn't you tell me?: I don't like making announcements. At all. So, I didn't tell a whole lot of people, and the news spread on it's own. I'm excited and all, I just don't expect others to care all that much. But thanks for caring, if you do.

Biggest bragging right: At 18 weeks, I still weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with Leah! Woo-hoo! Despite what that picture up there looks like... must be a bad angle. Just keep in mind I just ate a delicious turkey sandwich from Kneaders, and I'm wearing a maternity shirt (out of comfort, not need just yet!) I look bigger or smaller throughout the day! Also, I never realized how much orange wood paneling there is in our hallway!
******
Overall, I'm just thrilled. There is a peace that comes with knowing I've done this before, and I really enjoyed most of my pregnancy with Leah. I am so excited to hold a newborn baby in my arms again. I love feeling the little kicks, and I'm just trying to comprehend all of the changes that will come in just a few months!

10 comments:

Kika VilaNova said...

really loved this post! Can I immitate? I won't unless you tell me I can :)

I think you are so beautiful, so lovely, so fun! Can't wait until two weeks from now when you will find out the gender!! Yay!!

hugs hugs and congrats again :)

Megan said...

Oh boy, I can't wait to find out what you're having! Is it your b-day the day before your ultrasound? What a great present!

Also, your hair looks so pretty in this picture. It looks more red than usual. Did you color it or is it just the lighting?

Also, do you want to get together next week? I thought we could get together for lunch to celebrate yours and Aubrey's birthday. What do you think?

Also...just kidding. I'm done!

Aubrey said...

You are so cute! I loved this FAQS post. You look adorable! I'm so glad everything is going smooth for you. I can't wait to find out what the gender of your baby is.

christa said...

You are SO cute!
Good luck w/ your VBAC, I hope it works out for you. I can't wait to find out what it is. It seems with every baby recovery gets easier and easier. I'm excited to watch you grow over the next few months!!

Holly said...

Congrats again! You look beautiful. Do you know yet where Jason will be going to school in the fall? Yikes! The anticipation (of both new baby and new grad school plans) would be keeping me on the edge of my seat!

Taralyn said...

Good luck with it all... I'm finding #2 to be much harder. But, I'm not sure if that has something to do with it being a boy this time. BTW, what is the status on Jason's PhD? Where? etc

Martins said...

I love that you posted all that information!!! I am totally with you when it comes to baby names. We didn't keep ours a secret, but if my mother in law suggested another name I was going to hurt her!!!

I'm glad your pregnancy is going well!!!

Carolyn said...

I'm also generally fascinated with other people producing offspring...so, thanks so much for this post! I love it! Good luck with everything...can't wait to hear what your having! Congrats again!

Helena said...

Congratulations! Especially since you didn't get sick and you find out what you're having so soon. I'll admit I was dismayed when baby weight didn't fly off me like it did you, it's still here in fact. You look great.

Mrs. S said...

Congrats again. I agree about the feeling of a second pregnancy. Having done it once before, every moment was even more precious because I knew more of what was coming at the end. It's so fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...