Sunday, April 17, 2011
Things That Make Me Happy
Mini cupcakes- they are even better than regular cupcakes because you can stuff an entire one in your mouth and not think twice about eating another two... or three... or four.
The lock on my closet door- my own little slice of privacy. Great place for hiding presents, lingerie, and myself, if needed.
My blog- I usually think my posts are just the mundane details of our life that I will never forget, yet I always love to read back on the small reminders of days gone by.
Fridays- I haven't received a paycheck in my name for 5 years now, but I always get a little excited at the prospect that Friday might be payday. (It usually isn't- now we just get paid on the last day of the month only.)
Making plans- I inherited this one from my mom. I love having events and trips to look forward to, no matter how big or small. A few currently on the radar- making a giant chocolate birthday cake for an upcoming birthday celebration, our ward's youth fundraiser (last year's was quite entertaining), the opening of the local zoo (next week!) the babymoon, a day trip to Chicago without the kids to see the Cubs play in Wrigley Field, and an extended date night down to Indy to check out their MOA. Oh, how I hope I can add a trip to Utah to that list soon!
Naptime- my mid-day sanity saver. I couldn't function without naptime.
Restaurant gift cards- eating out is such a guilty pleasure for me, but the gift cards take away the guilt!
That picture up there doesn't make me happy, but the baby girl that is causing my cheeks to puff up like that sure does. I've decided that the last place I gain baby weight is in my belly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Melanie! I am so glad to check up on your blog and see your sweet family grow! You look great! And your kids are getting so big. How exciting about your new baby girl on the way.
Post a Comment