Talk, talk, talk. There is a lot of talking going on around here all. the. time. Adam is trying out dozens of new words every day, and while I don't always understand what he is saying, he makes it clear when I get it wrong.
A: Moneee! Moneee!
M: Monkey?
A: No....
M: Money?
A: No....
M: Melanie?
A: Uh-huh!
Leah loves to get Adam to say things, too. They were taking turns bearing their testimonies the other day, and Leah was prompting Adam with each word of his.
L: Say...
A: Say...
L: Ummmm....
A: Ummmm...
L: I'd...
A: I'd.... (and so on, all the way to "Amen")
Leah's testimony went something like this- I know that God loves me. And I know that when I die my mom and dad will die, too. (What?! Says who?!)
*****
Leah is very concerned about the fact that she will not get to marry Adam when she grows up. She told me that she would be very sad if she grew up and married someone else and didn't get to see her brother every day. I didn't have the heart to tell her that things change when you get older, and you grow to be okay with the fact that you don't get to see all the members of your immediate family every day. The thought was actually pretty sad to me, too. Then she asked, "If Daddy's not your brother, then how did you ever find each other?" Good question!
*****
M: Instead of a nap today, you and Daddy get to go on an Easter egg hunt!
L: No nap?! But I will be so tired.... (huge sigh) I guess I'll just have to rest my head in the car.
*****
I took Leah with me to visit some church members today. On the way, I tried to describe the man of the house, who used to be her nursery leader.
M: You know Brother H. He is a little older, has glasses, and is kind of bald.
L: Mom, I think you're talking about Grandpa Mark! Yep- he's a little older, has glasses, and is kind of bald.
True, true.
*****
After months of debating and weighing pros and cons, we finally decided to check out the local preschool to see if it's a place Leah might like to go in the fall. I have fully supported her decision to be a homebody (I take it as a compliment!) but the reality of life is that teaching Joy School could be pretty tricky with a 2-year old and a 1-month old in the group. After visiting the preschool, Leah declared, "Preschool is my favorite place in the world! I can't wait to go to preschool!"
I asked her if home was her favorite place, and she said, "Nope! It's preschool. And Joy School is my second favorite place in the world.... But I guess home could be my third favorite place in the world." Gee, thanks for tossing me a bone, sweetie.
At least I know she'll be happy at preschool!



No comments:
Post a Comment