Thursday, May 26, 2011

30 Weeks

We're finally on the downhill slope for this pregnancy, and I'm thrilled- hence the smile in the picture.  (The first few shots I took had me looking like a deer in headlights, which might be a bit more indicative of how I'm really feeling!)

Physically, I'm feeling pretty good.  The night time leg cramps have started, the baby sister loves to kick at night (which I love, too) and I'm starting to have to shift my belly to the side to lace up my shoes.

Mentally, I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of having a newborn baby again.  It is really hard for me.  I hear the stories my recent new-again moms tell me, and while I believe that I will have every one of the same struggles they are dealing with (namely sleeping, eating, and pooping issues, not to mention getting the baby here in the first place), I mostly try to focus on the snuggly sweet joy of a newborn.  All that other stuff will just have to be the price paid to get the snuggles.

I am grateful that the weather has been so chilly lately.  While I could do without the daily tornado sirens and endless rainstorms, I am enjoying the cool weather while it's still here.  I've been walking since the weather warmed up, and I recently started meeting up with my old running buddy (who is also 7 months pregnant).  Getting out and moving makes a world of difference in my sleep, patience, and attitude.  I'm also keeping up my prenatal yoga and silly Denise Austin workouts.  Frosted donettes continue to be my pregnancy weakness, but that is easily overcome by just not buying them... too often.

We've got our babymoon just around the corner, we're bringing extra beds into our house tonight to accommodate upcoming house guests, and my aversion to pasta is gone.  Chicken parmigiana tonight!

And now, to keep an eye on the prize, let's take a look at what makes all these many, many weeks of pregnancy so completely worth it.
 Sweet baby Leah, on her birth day.
Handsome Adam, not quite 24 hours old.

I'm so excited to meet the baby sister!

2 comments:

beapinkal said...

you look great!!!!!

whitney said...

I so know how you feel :)

Good for you for keeping up your exercise! You're lookin' fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...