Now that Leah is done with Joy School, our weeks are almost entirely open for summertime adventure. As I mentioned last week, I am trying to pack in as much summer fun as I can before I'm too pregnant, it's too hot, or the baby is here. I made a short list of things that we want to do this summer.
Me- take a trip to DC with Jason, go on a day trip to Chicago without the kids, another one to Indy, visit the Indy zoo and possibly the Chicago zoo, and take the kids to the children's museum one more time. I'd also like to visit the local orchard to pick strawberries, blueberries, and peaches (and learn how to preserve them), go camping in the backyard and roast marshmallows over a fire, visit the Purdue fountains, finish my Christmas tree skirt, go swimming as much as possible, and go walking with my old running buddy twice a week. And of course there's all the getting ready for baby that needs to be done- sorting through baby clothes, buying a few new essentials, putting the carseat, swing, and bassinet together, and stocking up the kitchen big time so I don't have to set foot in a grocery store for as long as possible.
Leah- "Visit the enchanted forest, stay home every day, and go to the zoo (she means the little local one)."
Adam- (roughly interpreted) "Take really long naps every day, preferably from 1:00 to 4:30 without interruption."
My kids are just pretty agreeable. Since my to-do list is full of want-tos, not have-tos, I'm feeling pretty flexible about what our summer will actually look like. I was feeling extra motivated last week and created a tentative game plan for what each day will hold. It includes a craft day, cooking day, adventure day, playdate day, and library day for each week. I highly doubt that we will actually accomplish half of what's on my mental to-do list, and I'm not interested in sticking to the list enough to require that it gets done on days when I just don't feel like it.
Today we had a craft- it was a fun start to the summer, and reminded me that it takes all of 3 minutes to actually execute an activity around here. The kids are quite easy to please-I think most times it's me that gets caught up in the busy-ness of every day, when all they want is to, well, be kids. And thank heaven for that.
So all I really need to do is stock up on craft supplies and squirt guns (Adam discovered one at a friend's house last week and was in heaven!) and we'll be set!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment