My favorite concert was the All Tschaikovsky night with world-renowned pianist, Vassily Primokov. Wow- he was incredible. I never thought I'd be SO impressed by musical talent, but he definitely left an impression. Jason agrees. That was his favorite concert, too, with the Big Band Blast an enjoyable second. We easily picked out which concerts we would love to attend in the 2011-2012 season, but will probably favor quiet nights at home with our new baby girl this time around.
The view from our seats- only 10 rows from the back of the concert hall, the season package was definitely affordable,but the music was still just as great!)
But I am too excited about once concert to miss it- they have a Lollipop Concert every season that is geared toward kids and gives them the opportunity to learn about the instruments in the symphony. Next year's concert includes Sergei Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf and Camille Saint-Saens' Carnival of the Animals- two of our very favorite pieces of music to listen to right now. Thanks to the charming Tubby the Tuba by George Kleinsinger, Leah is fascinated by the various instruments of the orchestra, and I know she will absolutely love her chance to see them perform. Of course, the concert isn't until February, so there is no way I am telling her about it anytime soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment