Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mornings

Once Leah is off to school and Emma is down for a nap, I occasionally ask Adam to help with with some household chores. 

More often than not, we settle in to our respective computers and get some work done- me on the laptop and Adam on starfall.com.

Once Emma is up, it's all about the giant birds nests
and mid-morning snacks.

On Wendesdays Adam has a rotating boys playdate of the drop-off variety!  He loves it, and So. Do. I!
Thursday mornings I swap baby-sitting with my friend Doreen so I can go help out in Leah's classroom, generally assembling some art project that she won't get to make because she's not there in the afternoon. 

Friday mornings I have a secret cleaning swap with some of my best graduate-student-wife friends.  We all dream of hiring cleaning ladies someday, but in the meantime we have a blast chatting while we sweep each other's cobwebs, scour each other's refrigerators, and scrub each other's floor.

Some days Adam and I get a head start on dinner. 
Some days I go visiting teaching, some days we have visitors over to play.  If Emma takes a late nap I usually make a frantic phone call to a nearby friend to please come sit with the kids while I run to the school.  The mornings always seem to fly by, and before we know it, it's time to pick up Leah from kindergarten.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

This post gave me a few much-needed chuckles. Thanks for the lift!! (I am really bummed on missing out tomorrow...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...