Climbing on the backside of the couch used to be against the rules around here, now it's just monkey-see, monkey-do. This nearly stopped my heart. The no climbing rule is back in force.
Adam loves Emma, as long as she's not looking at him crosswise or stealing his toys. Then he pushes her down and she comes up with her little fists swinging. I have had to pull them off of each other more than once, and usually because Emma is pummeling Adam and he's too shocked by it to know what to do. But most of the time they just love each other. He calls her "Fee-Foo! Swwweeeeeetie!" and she calls him, "Ah! Ah!"
He hasn't quite caught on to how new she is at walking. Yesterday I watched him tackle her at the ankles every time she stood up. She didn't really appreciate it.
But for the most part, Adam and Emma have lots of fun together. It's fun watching their relationship grow.
*****
And a few Adam-isms-While working with Leah on her math.
M- Okay, we have to color in 5 differences between the two pictures. You have two so far. How many more do we need.
A- Three!
Adam's milestones and cognitive abilities are constantly impressing me. I guess I'm just not watching for them quite so anxiuosly as I tend to with my first-born, so he always seems ahead of the game to me.
*****
While walking on a brick wall-A- Mom, some of the bricks are wobbly!
M- Some of the bricks are wobbly?
A- No! NONE of the bricks are wobbly.... ZERO of the bricks are wobbly!
*****
M- Do you mind if I go get my jammies on while you go potty?
A- Yes.
M- Yes?
A- Yes. I do mind. That means I want you to stay here with me.
Well okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment